Recruitment is a continuous process in the DLICL. The following procedures are followed during recruitment:
1. Creation of New Posts: Creation of new posts up to four levels below that of MD/CEO will have to be approved by the Board. Creation of all other posts are approved by the MD/CEO.
2. Advertisements: Unless otherwise decided by the management, all posts are normally advertised in the national daily news papers and/or on-line news portal/sites. Existing employees with appropriate qualifications, may apply for an advertised post through proper channel.
3. Short listing: On receipt of the application/CV from the candidates, short listing is done by a committee considered by the MD/CEO.
4. Written Tests: For certain posts, as decided by the Selection Committee, short-listed candidates may be required to sit for a written test or Computer Based Aptitude Test.
5. Interviews: An interview panel formed by the Selection Committee finalizes its recommendation as soon as the written test and interviews are completed. No expenses are reimbursed to the candidates who attend the interview/ written test.
6. Appointment: After final selection, an appointment letter is issued to the candidate(s), with a copy of the letter and the CV of the candidate sent to the relevant Head of Department and Line Manager. It should state-
a) Name of the Position
b) Salary and Scale
c) Duration of Probationary Period
d) Reporting Date, Time and Place;
e) Notice Period required by Either Party for Termination of Appointment Candidates may be required to provide a letter of release from previous employer where applicable.